APPAM PATRA



APPAM PATRA
Prestige  Appam patra 
Last week, while scanning the news on Google news, I saw a news item from NDTV about weight loss in my personalized news items . I checked my weight and found that I have gained 4 kg in the last one and a half month while vacationing with my sister. Now, how does Google know of my weight when I am not using any of the smart watches or bands. 😁 I felt jittery :)

Though not a calorie conscious person but an exercise lover, this intervention from Google has changed me. Suddenly I have started googling for  low calorie foods. I come across some some fried recipes made without oil in appam patra. Wow, so now no one can stop me from getting back to my lighter version.

I ordered Prestige appam patra with 7 holes from apni dukan - Amazon. I tried three recipes and found all of them tasty minus the extra calories.


Rawa Fritters

1. Add one measure of roasted rawa / sooji.
2. Add half a measure of sour curd.
3. Add finally diced onion, tomato, boiled beans, green coriander and green chilies.
4. Add a pinch of baking soda.
5.Mix well till batter is lumps free.

APPAM PATRA

6. Brush all cavities of appam patra with oil / desi ghee. Heat it mildly.

APPAM PATRA


7. Put a spoon full of batter in each cavity of appam patra, taking care that it does not overflow and remains a little below the level.

APPAM PATRA


8. Cover and cook. Check in between.


9 Reverse when cooked. Cook on both sides.


APPAM PATRA


10. serve hot with tomato sauce or green chutani or any other spicy chutani or as part of your main meal.

APPAM PATRA


Vadas

1. Soak and grind dhuli urad dal as you will do for regular vadas with saunf , ginger and garlic , green chillies or any other spice which you want to. You may add or delete any of these addendum as per your choice and special touch.
I like with saunf ( fennel) and ginger. The batter should be little thicker as compared to the one we use for frying.

2. Pour a spoon full of batter in the appam patra cavity and cook as explained earlier.

APPAM PATRA




3. Take out when both sides are cooked .

APPAM PATRA


APPAM PATRA



4. Serve hot with sambhar as sambhar - vada.
5. Dip in cold salty water for 5 minutes. Place in a plate after squeezing lightly. Add slightly sweet and salty beaten curd enough to cover the vadas. Add red chillies, bhuna jeera, green coriander. Lo, the magical oil free with same wonderful taste Vadas are ready to eat.
6. I could not click pics as both my sons finish them so fast.  :)

Aloo Bonda

1. Make a thick , lump free batter of besan / chickpea flour with all the dry spices - salt, red chill, ginger-garlic paste, garam masala etc.

2. Mash boild potatoes and add salt to it. Also add finally chopped green coriander. No lumps may be left.

APPAM PATRA


3. Make small balls from mashed potatoes and keep aside.

APPAM PATRA


4. Dip potato balls in besan batter and put it in oiled cavities of appam patra.

APPAM PATRA




5. Reverse and cook both sides well.

APPAM PATRA


6. Take out and serve hot with green chutney, tomato sauce or khajur- tamarind chutney. I have used Fabsta chutnies, which I bought from Star Bazar. "Fabasta" is the brand owned by Star Bazar and one can find many variants of chutneys in the store. me and my family liked them a lot, thus freedom from making chutneys at home. Hurrey !!  :P

APPAM PATRA


 Happy cooking !!

Comments

  1. Hello ma'am
    Loved your recipe and most importantly you have given me an idea of a new product "Prestige appam patra". Why i am telling you this is because we have a review website for kitchen appliances. I am definitely going to add a review on this product on https://www.bestforyourhome.co.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Disha. It feels good to be connected with people who share same passion. I am happy that you loved the post. I was unable to access your website. i shall be happy to collaborate with your website for genuine reviews.
      I am really sorry for delayed response. it was due to some issue with the settings of blog. Its sorted now and now my response will not be delayed.
      Pls subscribe for interesting informations on the blog. keep in touch!
      petpuja12@gmail.com

      Delete

Post a Comment